Google Translate

Saturday, August 17, 2013

My memories: Colin's Corner

This is a memory from my 7-year-old days. I was in primary one then.

Every day at recess, most of my classmates would gather at the far corner of the school's basketball court. The court wasn't in use then, and it was more of an open space for groups of students to gather at. I'd join my classmates in chatting and playing. It was the place to hang out during break.

One day, a classmate said that they were going to "Colin's corner" during recess. I didn't know what he was referring to, but it sounded new to me, so I joined them. We ended up walking to that same corner at the basketball court!

I put it all together. I had a classmate named Colin. He came from a well-to-do family, so I guess the other classmates looked up to him. Somehow, he was like a de-facto leader who had organised everyone to be at that basketball corner during recess. So it became to be known as "Colin's corner".

And I didn't realise it till about half a year later… after I had been going there every day!

--

No comments:

Post a Comment