Google Translate

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Discovering gems in old mail

I've just spent the last hour clearing three months' worth of mail that had been piling up on my desk. While I didn't find any long-lost love letters, I found that most of my mail consists of:
  • bank statements
  • credit card bills
  • insurance policy notices and receipts
  • investment statements
Yes, very boring stuff. But I did also uncover the following gems:
  • a one-month-old cheque for an insurance policy - which I need to find out why I received anyway
  • a three-month-old cheque from Google Adsense - and my first ever cheque from them! How could I miss this???
  • a reminder for my dental appointment next week - whew! Luckily I found this now.
  • (while strictly not being postal mail, but it was buried at the bottom of the pile) my long-lost Kinokuniya book vouchers... that expired three months ago!
I guess it would serve me well to go through my postal mail more regularly from now on...

--

No comments:

Post a Comment