Google Translate

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Chinese New Year parody song part 4

Another Chinese New Year, another addition to my CNY parody song. This time, I already knew at the end of last year what issue I wanted to bring up.

What I didn't realise was that I had composed a somewhat similar verse last year! Which means the situation has been around for about a full year already. Obviously, no one's listening to the grouses of the man on the street.

Here's the entire song, with the new verse 5.
I was sleeping on my bed,
Everyone thought I was dead.
Doctor brought a coffin in,
I jumped out and he jumped in.

Gong xi, gong xi, gong xi ni.

It was such a peaceful night,
Vampire gave me a bite.
Sunrise made me feel so blue,
Now I want to bite you too.

Gong xi, gong xi, gong xi ni.

Gave a diamond to my girl.
She said she would rock my world.
Speeding towards a night of fun.
Didn't see the tree in front.

Gong xi, gong xi, gong xi ni.

GST went up again,
Gahmen welcome foreign t'lent.
Locals squeezed upside-and-down,
Turn my smile into a frown.

Gong xi, gong xi, gong xi ni.

Prices up by more than half
Ang pow also not enough.
Gahmen say will give money
First they take some more from me.

Gong xi, gong xi, gong xi ni.
Previous entries: verse 2 in 2005, verse 3 in 2006, verse 4 in 2007.

--

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIDpAeDkGl4

Hey you want me to sing it again this year? I think this was done 2 years ago.

-Chin

Yuhui said...

I suggest that you don't do it yet. Wait for an announcement by Sunday night. hee

Post a Comment