Google Translate

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Uneaten food and undrunk drinks

Here's a somewhat amusing observation: people are more willing to leave food behind, but every single drop of an alcoholic beverage must be swallowed. I noticed this when I was in the U.S. and I notice it here in Singapore. No matter what the drink was, whether it be beer or wine or champage, it must be finished. But food can be casually dumped into the bin.

I personally have been known to leave beer behind if I've reached my limit. No matter how people force me, I will refuse to take another drop. Therefore, at least in my view, I'm equal in wasting both food and drink (though that is not desirable behaviour, since waste is waste). But when that happens, someone else will finish my beer. As for the food, "ah, who cares?"

Can anyone explain the disconnect in the logic of food and drink wastage?

--

No comments:

Post a Comment