Google Translate

Friday, September 07, 2007

"Robotech"... the movie coming soon???

Oh... my... goodness!

"Robotech"! On the big screen!

If you had access to Malaysia's TV3 back in the 80's, you'd know what a big hit "Robotech" was! Everyone was watching the cartoon, everyone was reading the books, everyone bought those huuuuuge Art 1 graphic books.

I was introduced to "Robotech" by my sister. It was my first exposure to anime and I was blown away! The series was so captivating that I felt like I was living the stories. Till this day, I still get a kick out of listening to the soundtrack. I even managed to track down and watch the short-lived "Robotech: The Sentinels" sequel!

Now, Tobey "Spider-Man" Maguire has announced that he's going to make "Robotech" into a movie. I hope he doesn't screw it up. I'm still suffering from my "Transformers" screening. Read more here!

--

2 comments:

aMie said...

yup agreed that transformers was a disappointment.. i was just as surprised that many of my friends disagree with mie.. hmm.. =_="

Well.. if robotech comes out.. it'll be different just on the basis that they use ang mohs to play it right? *ponder ponder* and i doubt they'll ever achieve the classic look of the anime machines.. *sigh*

Yuhui said...

Hehe yup. But I think CGI can still do wonders for the mecha...

Post a Comment