Google Translate

Friday, August 03, 2007

Networking with fellow advertising folks

Here's a truism: the advertising industry in Singapore consists of people who move from one place to another in the blink of the eye... but it's still the same circle of familiar faces! I've attended a few seminars/conferences/workshops and always bump into the same people. This evening was no different.

I attended an event that was organised by DoubleClick, the advertising company. It was to showcase the effectiveness of rich media in advertising. It was quite an interesting session, and I'm looking forward to receiving the full presentation from Microsoft.

The real fun was later, when we were treated to finger foods and two complimentary drinks. (In the end, I took only one, and now I can safely say that Carlsberg sucks big time next to Heineken!) That's when I saw some familiar faces, which led to introductions to unfamiliar ones who have now become familiar.

Here's a shout-out to four people:
  1. Olivia, my ex-colleague from whom I learned a lot about advertising and the industry, since I didn't come from the field previously,
  2. Rosalind from Yahoo, whom I actually worked with in my previous job, and introduced me this evening to a few other advertising folks,
  3. Ming Shen, co-founder of Nuffnang, who already knew me through my blog and wanted me to state explicitly that Nuffnang is a Singaporean company, and
  4. David Temple, a "search guru" who moved to Singapore recently and is anxious to meet the rest of the local blogosphere.
It's meeting people at events like this that make me go, "Wow, how was I so lucky to end up in this field?"

--

2 comments:

David said...

Great to meet you also. I'm pretty happy not only to be in the field but also to be here in Singapore. Thanks for all the info and your insights.

Yuhui said...

Hey David, nice meeting and chatting with you too. Hope to catch up with you again soon!

Post a Comment