Google Translate

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Never the bridegroom

What's that saying? "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride." That saying was running through my head this whole evening. I've attended a fair share of weddings, and I'm always the guest, never the host. Once in a while, I'm also the videographer, but never the videographee.

A church couple held their wedding today, and the groom asked me to record the night's proceedings. That included both the wedding ceremony and the dinner after that.

Aside: Fortunately, my camcorder was still in good working condition. I haven't used it in months, but it still recorded and played well. Kudos to Canon!

I "played by ear" a lot at the event. I hadn't been briefed about it and only managed to sneak a glance at the schedule just before the ceremony. Fortunately, based on my previous wedding recording experiences, I knew what to expect. But it was always the little things that I had to watch out for, like making sure the photographer wasn't blocking me or vice versa. Or the other guests (and children!). Or even the other videographer.

But as I looked around the hall, I couldn't help noticing a lot of couples in my peer group. There is still a handful of us singles, but the majority is married, and some couples have children.

It made me wonder. It's not like I haven't been putting myself "out there". Nor am I asexual! Is it an impression that I'm projecting? I certainly get that feeling sometimes.

What's that other saying? Oh yeah. "Left on the shelf."

--

2 comments:

Kelly Chan said...

Mr Nice Guy always finish last mah...

Don't worry about it. She may "appear" before you know it.

Yuhui said...

Heh, when will that be?

Post a Comment