Google Translate

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Facebook homepage source code revealed!

Just found out that, due to a server software configuration mistake, the source code for Facebook's homepage (and possibly other pages) was readily available to a "small number of users". The code's already available at Facebook Secrets, but I suspect that it'll be taken down soon.

Which is why I've copied it down, hehe. But I won't be posting it publicly anywhere because the Facebook claims that revealing the source code is illegal. Yes, I realise that I'm in Singapore, but we have something called the Singapore-US Free Trade Agreement, which sets rules and punishments for copyright infringement.

That reminds me: a similar situation happened to me once, this time at Yahoo's login page. I don't know if I still have the source code...

--

2 comments:

Lifeiseasy said...

.. well that was a smart move on your part .. hmmm wonder if you can sell it :) great blog here ...

Yuhui said...

Hey lifeiseasy, nope, I'm not in the habit of selling such source code.

Post a Comment