Google Translate

Thursday, July 26, 2007

7 movies to watch in 2008!

2007 isn't even over yet, and I'm already looking forward to 2008's batch of mid-year movies. So far, I've counted seven -- yeah, seven! -- that I think are worth seeing.
  1. "The Dark Knight"
    "Batman Begins" was awesome, and there's no reason that it's sequel should disappoint. The only thing that I really didn't like about "Batman Begins" was that Batman allowed his enemy to die. Batman would never do that.
  2. "Iron Man"
    Another Marvel hero comes to the silver screen. In real life, I doubt anyone would want to walk around in an iron suit, let alone fight crime in it. But I'm actually looking forward more to seeing Robert Downey Jr in the title role.
  3. "Get Smart"
    I used to watch reruns of the TV show back in the day. They were absolutely silly, especially the gadgets. Based on the trailer, it looks like the movie won't disappoint too.
  4. Fourth "Indiana Jones" movie
    This is a show that isn't a "must see on the big screen" movie for me. But since I grew up watching the first three installments, I figure it can't hurt to watch the fourth one too.
  5. "The Incredible Hulk"
    The first "Hulk" movie was a letdown with too many gimmicks, so I think the sequel can't be any worse... or can it?
  6. "Wall-E"
    Firstly, it's a Pixar movie, so I can expect the story and graphics to be worth watching (especially in digital format). Secondly, it's about a robot, and I have a soft spot for robots ever since I read Isaac Asimov's robot stories.
  7. "Hellboy 2"
    Finally, if I have time and money and a good enough excuse, I'll watch this.
So that's seven movies in about three months. Cool.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment