Google Translate

Friday, May 11, 2007

Cat on the car

Cat on car
I returned home this evening to find the estate's cat, Pearl, lying on the roof of the family car. She meowed when she saw me, beckoning me over. And like a person needing something whimsical to do, I walked over and rubbed her cheek.

We'd "danced this dance" many times before. She turned her head this way and that, letting me reach the other parts that, I assumed, needed soothing. And it was soothing for me to play with a creature that welcomed my attention.

Fur flew all over the car roof as I played with her for a few minutes. Then I decided that it was enough and started to walk away. She saw me leave and scampered off the car (but not before I took the picture!). She then circled around my legs, rubbing against me the way cats do when seeking attention.

It'd become something of a habit for me to look for her when returning home. Playing with her is a nice way of relaxing after working the whole day. And since she's used to my company, I don't have to worry about being scratched or bitten (though she will strike if I rub her stomach).

But I don't feed her. That's where I draw the line. I wouldn't want the cat to become "clingy" to me.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment