Google Translate

Thursday, December 14, 2006

I come bearing gifts...

Remember my wishlist for $20? Today was the day we received our gifts from our secret Santas. My secret Santa got me:
  • a donation ticket stub for a children's charity, which comes with a voucher for four movie vouchers from Eng Wah Cinemas (unfortunately, some would say)
  • a Coke bottle containing about $6.50 in one-cent coins, and
  • two two-dollar bills, or $4 in cash
Assuming I did not miscount the coins (yes, I really poured all of the coins out and counted 'em!), then that puts the donation at $9.50, for a total gift cost of $20. I had thought that the secret Santa only needed to buy one item from the wishlist. Little did I know that I would be saddled with a bottle full of copper coins.

I don't know who managed to scrounge up so many coins, especially considering that they are out of circulation. But I think it was a female employee. Why? Because not only was the bottle nicely wrapped in pink and green paper, but there was also a card saying that Santa and his friends from Hundred-Acre Wood, i.e. Winnie the Pooh and friends, had got me the gift. I can't imagine a guy doing all of that, even if he was gay.

Initially, I thought that I would deposit the coins, but now I think I'll leave them as they are. Besides, with one-cent coins out of circulation, I figure they would make a great treasure when I'm old and grey.

Later in the evening, we had our office year-end party at Table 108 at CHIJmes. In the lucky draw, I won... an iPod 30GB! Black! And it plays video! Wow! The Apple gods must be smiling on me. This is the second of two iPods that I've received absolutely free! On the other hand, I hardly listen to my older iPod and I don't have many iPod-ready videos. Anyway, if it becomes a white elephant, at least it's a free white elephant.

The top prize was a Sony PlayStation 3. I would've liked to have won it... so that I can sell it and use the money to buy a Nintendo Wii.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment