Google Translate

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Elevator oddities

What a weird day today was! I should've bought the 4D lottery, except I don't know how to play it.

I work on the 26th floor. The elevator that serves my floor goes up to the 28th floor. When I stepped into the elevator to go for lunch today, there were already two men inside. After that, the elevator stopped at each and every floor until the 19th floor!

At first, I didn't think much about it. By the fourth ding to indicate the 22nd floor, I couldn't help chuckling to myself. After all, what were the chances of this happening? And then I kept listening for the next ding.

I pity the two men who were inside. Assuming that they were from different floors, then that means one of them had to endure stops for nine consecutive floors!

So that was my lunchtime adventure. When I left the office, there was an Indian man standing next to the lift buttons. And he had his finger permanently on the "door close" button until he alighted! My only thought was, "Wow, he must be in a heckuva hurry!"

The weirdness even happened during my lunch. I went to a food court and ordered wan tan mee from this guy. I kept thinking that he must have been high on something! His speech was slightly slurred, he had this dazed look in his eyes. And when he confirmed my order twice, he got it wrong -- twice!

I swear I'm not making any of this up!

--

Technorati tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment