Google Translate

Thursday, September 28, 2006

New toy - Keta i

In addition to a new phone line (which means I lost my treasured 8-number), I've also got a new toy. It's a Sony Ericsson K800i, which I've christened "Keta i". Besides buying it at a discounted price, I got it also because of its 3.2-megapixel camera. From the reviews I had read, it's apparently one of the best camera phones around.

Comparison of pictures from my old and new phone:
SEZKeta i
SEZKeta i

Haha, no fight there.

However, what I've found is that the image quality of highly dependent on lighting and/or distance of subject. I was surprised to find grainy pictures under slightly less than optimal lighting. On the other hand, close-up pictures look good with and without the flash.
With flashWithout flash
My beerMy beer (without flash)

As I had remarked to Jeffrey, in the end, it's not about the number of megapixels, but the lens (among other things) that separate camera phones from standalone digital cameras.

--

Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

Ed, Edd & Eddy !!! said...

I'm thinking of getting that phone too. I won't ask you for a review but any complains about the phone so far?

Yuhui said...

I haven't used it much, but so far, no complaints. Interface takes some getting used to, even though I'm moving up from an older SE model.

Post a Comment