Google Translate

Monday, September 04, 2006

"Higher Ground" by Idde Schultz

Class 95 had its "All 80s Weekend" this past weekend. Usually, it's filled with the usual 80s rock music. But then, this little ditty came on:
"I just wanna know a secret
And find out if there is
A blue blue heaven for the bitter
Where we could fly and then land again
On higher ground"
This song is so rare that searching for it through the usual Google search yields nothing. But with a detour to Google Groups, I found out that it's "Högre mark" ("Higher Ground") by Idde Schultz, a Swedish singer, and apparently no one knew that there was an English version!

Oh well, another beautiful song, lost in the ether...

--

Technorati tags: , ,

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! It's one of my most favorite "love" songs.

Anonymous said...

I've been searching forever, like literally - so thank you for identifying the singer! It's such a lovely song.

Yuhui said...

Glad you liked it!

Anonymous said...

where can i listen to this song? do u know?

Yuhui said...

Unfortunately, I can't find the English version of this song for sale anywhere. On the other hand, the Swedish version is readily available at most shops. I've only ever heard the song in English on the radio.

Anonymous said...

me too... it's so elusive :/ n this is a rare blog entry about it.

Anonymous said...

hi guys i found the song in English but the quality is just at 96kps.............. (>_<)
well better than nothing i suppose......

Anonymous said...

ooooops the song quality that i have is 192 kbps not 96kbps :P

Yuhui said...

Anonymous: Nice! Where did you get it from?

Kenny Loh said...

got it from some obscure spanish website 2-3 years ago. don't know if they still have it up... :P

i can email u if u like?

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gegv0ERRQ9E

(:

Yuhui said...

Thanks for the YouTube link! I've liked it!

Nelson Tay said...

thank you for the song..i tried so many years looking for it..finally found it..thanks once again!

Yuhui said...

Nelson: you're welcome! Glad to help.

Anonymous said...

Yuhui I dont know if you're a man or a woman but you're THE MAN!!! I've been looking for this song for more than ten years everywhere. Once I heard it on the radio in my country, Argentina and that was it. Thanks again. Daniel.

Yuhui said...

You're welcome, Daniel!

For the record, I'm a man.

Post a Comment