Google Translate

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Great Travel Sale winner?

Apparently, there's a Great Travel Sale going on now. Not that I care. What I care was that I received a call from 6887-5706 that I had filled in some questionnaire in a shopping mall, and was selected as a winner.

Firstly, no, I didn't fill in any questionnaire. Secondly, when she was talking about the prize, alarm bells went off in my head: "Time share! Time share!", together with images of being trapped in a small room with some other unlucky blokes and our exits blocked by persistent salesmen who wouldn't let us go till we signed their forms.

But none of that really bothered me. I was ready to blow this whole issue off... except that -- and here's the creepy part -- she knew my Identity Card number! Now, being in Singapore, I'm sure I've provided my I.C. number on numerous occasions. But how it had been leaked to this questionable "travel agency", I have no idea.

So much for privacy protection in Singapore.

Anyway, I didn't qualify for the prize because I don't use a credit card and am single and unattached. Ha, so there is an upside to being single.

Oh yeah, and that number again: 6887-5706

--

Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Kelly Chan said...

Sounds like time sharing to me

Anonymous said...

sure time share.

Post a Comment