Google Translate

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Bloggers outing -- karaoke!

Since I'm not supposed to blog about someone's wedding, I can't tell you about how I slipped into the sanctuary one minute before the bride entered, or about the very beautiful ceremony (or the boo-boos), or about the buffet lunch, or the cameraderie with fellow bloggers, or our photos.

Drinks and microphone
Instead, I'll talk about our karaoke session in the afternoon. We had been planning one for the longest time, but there were always scheduling conflicts. This time, the stars were in alignment, so we walked to the nearby KBox.

Our session lasted from 1:30pm to 5pm. I lost count of how many songs we sang. Almost all of the songs were Chinese. That's one thing that makes me feel weird about going to karaokes: it seems that people tend to sing Chinese songs.

I don't have a problem with Chinese songs. I listen to the occasional Sinopop, e.g. when it's played over someone else's radio. And I've attended enough karaoke sessions to memorise "小薇" (I think those are the characters), though not the more fun Hokkien version. I also learned that I liked "Superstar" from Taiwanese female pop group S.H.E. after an ex-colleague sang it, haha.

So given my limited knowledge of Chinese songs, I always feel like the odd one out when I sing my selection of English songs. Which can lead to the occasional bout of boredom. Of course, I could either increase my repertoire.

My playlist of the day: Air Supply's "All Out of Love" (accidentally keyed it in), Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight", "小薇", Andy Williams' "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" (but gave up halfway because of the stupid video), Hoobastank's "The Reason" (darn it, I can't reach the high notes!), and t.A.T.u.'s "All the Things She Said".

And then it was a two-hour bus ride home.

--

Technorati tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment