Google Translate

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Wireless encryption/security hassle

It took me over three hours, but I finally got my mum connected to our home's wireless network. Ordinarily, I wouldn't blog about something as mundane as this, but because there were no obvious answers in Google or Yahoo! searches, I thought that I'd do a public service favour and write down the solution.

The main point is this: third-party encryption solutions, e.g. Odyssey, can cause you to be disconnected from a wireless network that uses built-in security features, e.g. WPA. Keep that in mind.

Read more

So there it was: Odyssey + WPA (+ Linksys?) (+ Windows ME?) = no wireless network connection. I don't know if this is limited to Linksys devices or Windows ME or even Odyssey. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

--

Technorati tags: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment