Google Translate

Monday, April 25, 2005

Blind date #6

As far as I was concerned, this was a non-date to me. It was just a meeting of two people who happened to be thrown together by circumstances.

It was at 2 Door Restaurant, which is a very exquisite, upclass and expensive place that I have zero intention of returning to. I suppose it's a nice place if you're a loaded yuppie, but not me.

She: Indian, slightly on the plumpish side, friendly, sales manager in a university textbook publishing company, drives a company-sponsored car, goes pubbing/clubbing regularly with her girl friends, was a conservative girl when younger but not as much when older.

She arrived about 15 minutes late, but that was fine with me. We talked a bit about our work and families. We also found out more about each other's tastes in movies, music and TV. I talked somewhat about my university education in the U.S. She told me about how she can get impatient on the road.

The thing is, I never got a good "feel" (NOT the physical touch-feel) of her. There was no spark, no connection, no chemistry. Thus it was that she was the first of all of my dates that I didn't ask for her contact information. She didn't ask for mine either, anyway.

We stayed for about an hour, and then we went off on our own.

--

Technorati tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment