Google Translate

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Whew! Checking a website for standards compliance

Over the last two days, I spent nearly the equivalent of one full day ensuring that one of my company's websites is up to standards. By "standards", I don't mean something like checking if the website looks professionally designed or look as good as the best websites out there. No, no, not that kind of standard.

Rather, they're the industry standards laid down by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to ensure that websites and web pages can be displayed correctly and properly across different machines.

(A bit of background can be found on The Savage Doctor.)

And now, my eyes are sore, but I'm satisfied. Luckily, the website that I corrected is relatively small, i.e. about 10 pages in total. But there are other websites, and those have lots more pages. Oh boy.

--

Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment