Google Translate

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Chinese New Year parody song

Many, many years ago, my sis told me this parody of a customary Chinese New Year song:
I was sleeping on my bed,
Everyone thought I was dead.
Doctor brought a coffin in,
I jumped out and he jumped in.

Gong xi, gong xi, gong xi ni.
Surprisingly, this has never entered the popular domain, or at least a cursory search on Google yielded nothing. So I hope Google crawls my journal and indexes this page for posterity.

It's 2005 now and I think it's time to add verse 2. Here's my attempt:
It was such a peaceful night,
Vampire gave me a bite.
Sunrise made me feel so blue,
Now I want to bite you too.

Gong xi, gong xi, gong xi ni.
Ah, not a great attempt, but it'll do.

Hopefully, I can be inspired to write another verse in 2006.

--

Technorati tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey... found ur blog thru a search on yahoo for CNY song lyrics
haha its veri well written.. ur lyrics r rather funni :D
it holds the tune of my fav CNY song so i was highly entertained...
:D happy chinese new year!

-min-

Post a Comment