Google Translate

Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Monk in me

Monk is a fictional private investigator who suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder. Because of this, he finds himself involuntarily making things neat and tidy, e.g. he will rearrange items on a desk if they're scattered about.

There's probably a little bit of Monk in all of us. I realised mine when, while waiting for someone at his desk, I saw that his telephone cord (from the phone to the handset) was twisted, and I couldn't help but untwist it. I kept thinking that I wouldn't be able to concentrate on what I needed to do as long as the cord was twisted.

Fortunately, no one was around to see me untwist it, heh.

There was another time when I did something similar, though not with telephone cords, that made me think of Monk too. While it's funny, it's also kinda scary. Who wants to live with OCD?

No comments:

Post a Comment