Google Translate

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year!

I haven't written in a while, mostly because I had nothing to write about. No, that's not true. I had nothing that was of more significance than the recent earthquake and tsunami disaster to write about.

I'm not going to write about the disaster because others have said it better than me. All I'll say is that the only way I can deal with it is by not dwelling on it, e.g. the itty-bitty little details about what's happening, latest death tolls, etc. It's kind of like the way I dealt with the 9/11 tragedy. I don't exactly tune out, I'm not that emotionless. Rather, I understand that there are certain things I can and cannot do, and dwelling on the situation won't necessarily increase what I can do nor decrease what I cannot do.

Besides, being overloaded with news makes me numb to what's happening. So I continue to live my life and do the things I normally do.

Here's wishing everyone a happy and blessed 2005!

No comments:

Post a Comment