Google Translate

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

NHB, please don't send last minute invitations!

Dear Kimberly and the folks at the National Heritage Board,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to compose the finely worded invitation. I am grateful that you would find us bloggers worthy to be invited to the exclusive evening with the head of the Singapore Art Museum. It's good to see government bodies engaging with the local blogosphere.

However, I really must wonder whether we were an afterthought in your invitation process? Not only did you send the invitation today, but you also stated very clearly that the event would be on tomorrow night.

Such tactless wording smacks me upside the face, virtually speaking. It suggested that you had a long list of invitees and oh, look-ee here at the bottom: "bloggers"! Or are we to fill up the empty spaces?

Yes, I see your apology for the last minute notice. And yes, I realise that your human resources were probably stretched to the limit. I guess I've been spoiled by the world famous efficiency of our Singapore Government and its associated bodies.

Or maybe I'm being too cynical. Perhaps it is too much to ask for an invitation to be sent at least a few days -- if not a week -- in advance. After all, we bloggers do more than just twiddle our thumbs and wait for such exclusive invitations to fall in our laps.

As it turns out, as much as I would like to attend, I can't because I already have something on. But I do hope that you were able to strike gold with other bloggers. At least your event is held in the evening, so a higher proportion of your invited social media mavens should be able to attend.

I wish you success in your event and may your invitees have an enjoyable time co-mingling with SAM's head.

Regards,
Yuhui

Invitation from NHB to cocktail reception

--

No comments:

Post a Comment