Google Translate

Friday, May 26, 2006

What if I hadn't turned down the offer?

Some time back, I applied to be a radio disc jockey for Symphony 92.4FM. I had done it on a lark, because I was searching for jobs and just happened to chance upon it. I wrote them a nice email, attached my resumé, then didn't think much about it.

A week later, a woman called, asking if I was still interested in the job. If so, I'd have to attend an audition. At that time, I was already quite certain about getting my current job and didn't want to complicate my life any further. Not to mention that when I had told some people about the application, they basically said that I was, well, out of my mind/league. All of that influenced me in turning her down.

And now I think: what if?

I know, I know, I can't live my life based on "what ifs" and regrets. And yeah, I have my podcast, so in a way, I'm doing some "media" work.

But what if I had attended the audition? I could've been booted out after the first round, like my "Singapore Idol" experience. Or I could've moved on, maybe cast to the midnight shift, where only security guards and port workers would hear me, and slowly claw my way up the ranks.

If I had followed my gut instinct, at least I wouldn't have these "what if" thoughts.

--

Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

sassyjan said...

i totally adore 92.4.
if u were to be a dj there, i would hound u for the music CDs. whahahaha

eh eh. they still looking for dj anot? i could give it a go just for the heck of it. hahaha

Yuhui said...

Erm, I dunno, but you can check the MediaCorp careers webpage for their lists of available positions.

Post a Comment